If you have some problems with Windows 7 and VMware View Client here is the solution!!!!
Source: VMware KB
* Unable to connect from the View Client on Windows 7 to the View Connection Server
* Connecting the View Client on Windows 7 to the View Connection Server fails
* You have installed one or both these Microsoft patches 2482017 or 2467023
This issue occurs when you have installed one of these Microsoft patches, 2482017 or 2467023.
If you have already installed these patches, you can install VMware View Client (build 353760) or uninstall the Microsoft patches.
If you have not installed these patches, delay the installation of the Microsoft patches until you have installed VMware View Client (build 353760).
VMware View Client build 353760 has been tested on:
* Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit + Internet Explorer 8
* Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit + Internet Explorer 8
* Windows 7 Home 32 bit + Internet Explorer 8
The View Client patch can be downloaded from here. Enter your credentials, accept the EULA and download the appropriate file:
* If you are using Windows 7 32-bit, use VMware-viewclient-4.5.0-353760.exe.
* If you are using Windows 7 64-bit, use VMware-viewclient-x86_64-4.5.0-353760.exe.
Note: If you are using View Client 4.0.x and are experiencing this issue, you can install the appropriate View Client 4.5 for your environment.
Disclaimer: Using Windows 7 with a View Client 4.0.x is not supported, so this information is provided as is, and without testing.
To apply this patch
1. Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
2. Choose the previously installed VMware View Client and click Remove.
3. Navigate to where you downloaded VMware-viewclient-xxx-4.5.0-353760.exe and run the executable file.
4. Follow the installation installation wizard to complete installation.
5. Reboot the computer.
Note: VMware View Clients with build number 353760 or later are not affected by this issue.